Most of you have probably seen this cute elephant on Pinterest. I have used this pattern from Jam Made (Thanks Jam!) to create the elephant. It is quite some work counting the rows en putting all the parts together. I am pretty happy with how my first elephant turned out. Next time I will make one in one colour to save time in making it, and adding colour at the feet, snout and ears for contrast. Also, I want to make the body more round, as it has more of a long shape now. I like my elephants a little bit more bulky :)
Having a little breakfast with my new fluffy friend :)
Look at these adorable little shoes. How cute are those? I made the little shoes with Drops cotton light, pink (nr 18) and blue (nr 14). For a pattern I turned to Ravelry. Lots and lots of baby projects on Ravelry, but I still found it hard to find the right pattern for these little baby shoes. I finally ended up with this pattern by Hayley Missingham (and pinned some others for my never ending to do list on Pinterest ;) In hindsight I might have better used a different pattern. I have the feeling that the pattern is not completely correct, and that the number of hdc's that you have to do each round does not add up. So if you decide to pick this pattern anyway, you have to get a little creative :)
These beauties are being shipped as we speak to a friend of mine who is having twins!
A friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a couple of weeks ago. As every baby needs his own baby blanket, made with lots of love, I started making a new ripple blanket in pink, blue, beige and white (at that time I didn't know yet whether it would be a baby boy or a baby girl - keeping all options open :) I chose a new pattern from one of my favourite crochet books: 200 ripple stitch patterns by Jan Eaton. The pattern I selected is nr 37 "Blossom".
Et voila, here's the finished baby blanket, with the new born baby sleeping in it.
After selecting the fabric from my huge pile of fabrics, I designed the pattern for the pants based on my size. After trying with a 'test' fabric, I could see the pattern had a good fit, and I continued making the pants from the 'ríght' fabric. To have a nice contrast I chose to make the pockets in bright pink. Putting the pants together was a good way to work on a number of sewing techniques that I haven't practised for a while such as putting the zip in and making a nice waist band. I am really happy with the result and the fit. I immediately started on a new pants to keep on practising and trying to make the perfect pants.
Really happy about the long hallway we have in the house :)
This is Kookiez. My blog on creative projects I am working on. I love to crochet, sew and knit. And in the summer I also paint occasionally.