I bought the softest yarn in ages. And I started on a new crochet project: a new scarf. It has neutral colours in soft off-white, green and blue. The pattern is very easy, just rows and rows of double crochet. I think it is quite cool to see how such a simple pattern is still attractive in it's simplicity. The scarf is quite long, so it isn't one of my fastest projects unfortunately. Can't wait to finish this one, and start on another in light pink colours :)
One of my final projects from La Maison Victor edition 1 is the Gig dress.
I made it in a soft blue fabric. It is an easy going dress, perfect for summer. As it is quite wide I need a belt to create some kind of figure and waist in the dress.
In the instructions it states to use elastic to create the shoulder parts. Instead I wrinkled it and even even created some pleads when the shoulder parts were still too large.
What have you been working on?
When the first edition of La Maison Victor came out this was the first project I started on: the Harlequin dress
I usually like dresses that have a tight fit better than a loose fit. That's why I added an invisible zipper in the back, and darts in the front and back panel. The darts in the back are nearly invisible, but I decided to keep the darts in the front with pleads, to give an extra touch to the dress. Happy with the result!
The first edition of La Maison Victor is still my favorite. By now I have made five items from this first magazine. See below my version of the Venue Top.
It is a silk fabric, which makes it a little harder to put together. Really happy with the end result though. It is quite wide but if I tuck it in my jeans it's perfect.
How did I put this together?
First I started cutting the pattern pieces.
Then, adding interfacing at the parts where the buttons and button holes will be placed. Usually, the instructions of La Maison Victor are pretty clear, but at this part I didn't understand the part of the invisible button row. I bought their instruction video and that worked out perfect.
Some pinning and ironing.
Creating the button holes
Which six to pick??
Attaching the sleeves, et voila, a blouse has been created.
Detail of the pleads in the back.
Have a great day!
This weekend we had an extra two days off! Yay lucky us.
So on Thursday and Friday we paid a visit to Gent, a fabulous Belgian city, with lots of history and sites to visit.
And Gent even has its own medieval castle, in the middle of the city centre!
Of course we did a little shopping too. Gent has a Phildar store! I was able to control myself and not buy loads of yarn. Instead I bought this crochet magazine with summer essentials.
I added some more to my To Do list ;)
I think it would be fabulous to crochet my own dress!
And a scarf is always handy, for a chilly summer evening.
If you happen to be visiting the Netherlands or Belgium, make sure to pay Gent a visit. Two or three days should do. We really enjoyed ourselves and are already planning another trip later this year.
Most of you have probably seen this cute elephant on Pinterest. I have used this pattern from Jam Made (Thanks Jam!) to create the elephant. It is quite some work counting the rows en putting all the parts together. I am pretty happy with how my first elephant turned out. Next time I will make one in one colour to save time in making it, and adding colour at the feet, snout and ears for contrast. Also, I want to make the body more round, as it has more of a long shape now. I like my elephants a little bit more bulky :)
Having a little breakfast with my new fluffy friend :)
Look at these adorable little shoes. How cute are those? I made the little shoes with Drops cotton light, pink (nr 18) and blue (nr 14). For a pattern I turned to Ravelry. Lots and lots of baby projects on Ravelry, but I still found it hard to find the right pattern for these little baby shoes. I finally ended up with this pattern by Hayley Missingham (and pinned some others for my never ending to do list on Pinterest ;) In hindsight I might have better used a different pattern. I have the feeling that the pattern is not completely correct, and that the number of hdc's that you have to do each round does not add up. So if you decide to pick this pattern anyway, you have to get a little creative :)
These beauties are being shipped as we speak to a friend of mine who is having twins!
A friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a couple of weeks ago. As every baby needs his own baby blanket, made with lots of love, I started making a new ripple blanket in pink, blue, beige and white (at that time I didn't know yet whether it would be a baby boy or a baby girl - keeping all options open :) I chose a new pattern from one of my favourite crochet books: 200 ripple stitch patterns by Jan Eaton. The pattern I selected is nr 37 "Blossom".
Et voila, here's the finished baby blanket, with the new born baby sleeping in it.
As IKEA has lots of new and interesting fabric I off course bought sufficient to add to my ever growing supply. This fabric I call the "eye" fabric, and you can immediately see why. I made to new pillow covers of this fabric, to make the house more summer ready. Now waiting to see 'Fall' finally turn into summer here in the Netherlands.
A long while ago I bought the book of Edie Eckman, Around the Corner Crochet Borders. Seeing all these lovely borders made me just want to add a border to a blanket. And so I did. I chose nr 20 on pages 64 & 65, and added it to the blanket already blogged about here. And here´s the result.
This is Kookiez. My blog on creative projects I am working on. I love to crochet, sew and knit. And in the summer I also paint occasionally.